Most of 2020 and now into 2021 our focus as a company has been on sales and marketing. We want to find new ways of staying relevant and ways to continue inspiring our clients with creative approaches to events. We want to be the first call people make when they start having events again! As we take on new strategies and navigate through these tough times, we find it super helpful to focus on our personal growth as well. Chair Decors owner, Liz, has been consistently focused, reading many business books, listening to podcasts and webinars and lastly, tuning in to workshops and people’s LIVE talks. Doing whatever we can during this down time to allow for as much growth as possible. As part of it, listening to multiple leaders and their conversations around empathy within their workforce. Tom Peters gave a great presentation on this topic using a letter from a college in Oregon to its employees. We are constantly trying to ourselves of these big take aways:
- You are not working from home, you are at home during a crisis trying to work.
- Your personal, physical, mental health is important. Take care of yourself.
- You should not try to compensate for lost productivity by working longer hours. Interruptions happen, we all know that most of the public have taken on part time role of teacher in their household.
- Be kind to yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others and what you are seeing on social media.
- Be kind to others. At the beginning of the pandemic, everyone was so compassionate to each other and understanding. We have lost this! We need to remember, everyone is going through something different so don’t try to hold them to the same expectations you might be holding yourself to.
- Success will not be measured in the same way it was before. Usually we can measure our profits, revenues… and other numbers to see where we stand. But after a year of little to no sales, it’s hard to measure your success. Sometimes it’s a simple as, you are still standing. That is a success.
We need to have more patience with each other, more understanding and compassionate for businesses and their employees. We all need to remember, to be better. This has been a long road and we still have not arrived at our destination.
Click here to keep in touch with any Chair Décor updates!